Foxchasing School is a comprehensive training program intended to introduce horse and rider to the sport of foxchasing. This program is sponsored by Moon Rising Farm and is intended for those seriously interested in foxchasing, but who might not have had a chance to test the waters yet. It includes:
- Trail rides with a PHC member, at participants' level, to learn to navigate different terrain and obstacles while in small groups
- Mounted trail rides with hounds from our kennels to acclimate horse to hounds
- Social/Instructional seminars at the hunt club to cover hounds, horses, etiquette, attire and hunting
- Opportunities to walk out (on foot) with the hounds and a hunt member
- Opportunity to participate in the PHC hunter pace with a PHC buddy
- Invitation to participate in all PHC trail rides
- Invitation to participate in PHC social activities (dependent on COVID-19 restrictions)
- A special Foxchasing School discount at The Surrey
- Discounted lesson programs at select barns
- Opportunity to hunt three times in September and three times during the remainder of the season
Please download the Program Details form for full program details, experience requirements, and pricing information. If you’re ready to sign up, please fill out and return the Registration Form as well as a waiver which can be found on our About Us page.
Completed registration forms and additional questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.